Friday 6 April 2018

Automation is Coming – How Will it Affect the Developing World?

sharpner

Automation? Developing world? This is supposed to be a photography blog, not The Economist! I know. I know. Have patience, dear reader, and it will come together soon. And I promise there will be photos. Let me explain: I have a fascination with photographing Pakistan’s working class. I was born and raised there and have a tremendous amount of respect for the resilience, work ethic and ingenuity of the common people. Whenever I visit, I try to capture elements of that spirit through photography. Some readers may have seen some of my earlier work from there on this site. Here’s the twist: my day job is in tech – one could call my work Silicon Valley-ish – and the big buzzword these days is ‘automation’. The robots are coming and soon we all be out of work. Well, that last bit may just be hyperbole but in reality, no one really seems to know how it will play out. And developing countries may be hardest hit. That’s exactly what was on my mind my photo walks during a recent trip back home. Keep in mind that in Pakistan, much like the rest of the developing world, manual work is the engine that powers the economy.

[Read More...]

The post Automation is Coming – How Will it Affect the Developing World? appeared first on Photography Life.



from Photography Life https://photographylife.com/automation-is-coming-how-will-it-affect-the-developing-world#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=automation-is-coming-how-will-it-affect-the-developing-world

No comments:

Post a Comment