Friday 11 March 2016

16 Amazing Photos from Visit to Torres Del Paine

Last month, as part of my “go offline” February, I went to Patagonia with Intrepid Travel and hiked the famous W Trek in Torres Del Paine (and the Perito Moreno Glacier in El Calafate). I’ve never done a multi-day trek before and, by the end, my legs were incredibly sore (and so were my eyes because I stopped blinking for four days. Torres was AMAZING!). But the trip was one of the best things I’ve done and made me realize I need to get out into nature more.

While I’ll be writing about the trip in detail in the next two weeks, today I wanted to share some of my photos from the trip. I don’t often post photo posts but since Patagonia was one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen, I feel compelled. Everything is huge there – the mountains, glaciers, waterfalls, and lakes – and you just feel so small. You really get a sense of just how tiny we are compared to nature!

I’ll share my experience and some tips in the next post but for now, let’s end this week with some pretty photos:

Las Torres in Torres del Paine National Park
The famous Torres Towers, that have a 22km hike and 900 meter steep ascent. Seeing them on such a beautiful day was the highlight of the trip for me. I spent close to two hours here just enjoying the moment.

Glacier Grey in Patagonia
Glacier Grey.

View on the way to Glacier Grey
On the way to Glacier Grey.

Iceberg lake on way to Glacier Grey
On the way to Glacier Grey there’s a beautiful lake with icebergs! The water is gray because of the dirt and silt that melts with the glacier.

Entrance of Torres del Paine National Park with the Torres towers
Entering Torres del Paine National Park with the Torres Towers in the background.

Burnt tree remnants
The remnants of trees burned in a fire about five years ago on the way to the French Valley.

Hiking up to Glacier Frances in the French Valley
Hiking up to Glacier Frances in the French Valley.

Glacier Frances in the French Valley
Glacier Frances in the French Valley. While not the best photo, watching ice calf off the mountain was a surreal experience.

Torres Towers in Torres del Paine National Park
Another photos of the Torres Towers.

Perito Moreno glacier outside El Calafate
Perito Moreno Glacier outside El Calafate.

Valley Ascencio on the way to the Torres towers
Valley Ascencio on the way to the Torres Towers.

Our campsite at Refugio Paine Grande
Our campsite at Refugio Paine Grande.

Beautiful view on the way to the French Valley
On the way to the French Valley!

On the way to the French Valley with Paine Granite Towers ahead!
On the way to the French Valley with Paine Granite Towers ahead!

Walking across Perito Moreno Glacier was like being on another planet.
Perito Moreno Glacier! I walked across (my first time ever!) and it was like being on another planet.

Gorgeous view over the French Valley.
Looking back out over the French Valley.

Well, that’s it! I hope you enjoyed these photos. Like I said, I’ll have a write up on the trip as well as some logistical information about visiting the park in an upcoming post!

Have a great weekend!

Note: I went on this trip as part of my ongoing partnership with Intrepid Travel. They covered the cost of this tour and any additional costs during the course of the trip. I received no money for going on this trip.

P.S. – I’m hosting a meet-up in Sydney next week! If you are here on March 16th, come hang out, say hi, and meet some other travelers! Click here for more details and to RSVP.

The post 16 Amazing Photos from Visit to Torres Del Paine appeared first on Nomadic Matt's Travel Site.



from Nomadic Matt's Travel Site http://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-blogs/16-photos-hikes-patagonia/

No comments:

Post a Comment